The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety's FORTIFIED Home™ - Hurricane program helps homeowners strengthen their home against the devastating power of tropical storms and hurricanes. Whether building a new single-family home or updating the resilience of your existing home. using FORTIFIED Home - Hurricane will make any home more resilient and durable, help a homeowner protect what is priceless during a disaster and:
- Provide peace of mind for homeowners. knowing their home is built to last.
- Offer top to bottom protection of the treasures that make a house a home.
- Safeguard investments made to make a home more sustainable and energy efficient.
- Lower ownership costs.
- Improve the marketability of the home by ensuring prospective buyers know it was built to the highest standard with a transferable FORTIFIED Home designation.
- Help homeowners lower the overall cost of their community's recovery after a disaster. Studies show ever $1 spent on disaster mitigation saves $4 in community disaster recovery expenses.
- Minimize homeowner's post disaster environmental footprint.